|EE3302/TE3302||Industrial Control Systems||Experiment 1(K K Tan) : Advanced Control Systems|
|Additional Materials: Tutorial sheet|
|Tutorial sheet for Prof Sam Ge|
|MCH5004||Mechatronic System Design||E1:Vibration Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis|
|MCH5002||Applications of Mechatronics||Exp 1: Control of DC Motor|
|Exp 2: Industrial Sensor|
|EE4306||Distributed Autonomous Robotic System||Distributed Autonomous Robotic System|
|EE4307||System Modelling and Simulation||System Simulation|
EE3302/TE3302 Industrial Control Systems
Experiment 1(K K Tan): Advanced Control Systems
This hands-on session is formulated to consolidate your understanding of the topics via practice first on a simulated system, and then on a desktop thermal chamber.
Desktop Thermal Chamber
LabViews DAQ Card
Labviews 7.1 Software
Download lab manual E1
Experiment 2(K K Tan): PLC Programming For Sequence Control
This experiment is designed to provide some experience in
programming a modern IEC-compliant
PLC system for sequence control of typical industrial processes.
OMRON SYSMAC PLC with I/O modules
CX-Programmer programming software running on Windows XP
Download lab manual E2
Experiment 3(S.Ge): Sensor & Signal Conditioning And Control
This experiment is designed to provide students with
some experience in selection of suitable components
and setting up the required closed-loop systems for typical industrial processes.
DIGIAC 1750 Transducer and Instrumentation Trainer
4mm Connecting Leads
Digital Multi-meter and Oscilloscope.
Download lab manual SSC3302
1) Robot operations, moving the various degrees of freedom;
2) Teaching positions in space ("Teach-in"), returning to position taught, listing and deleting
of position table in the memory;
3) Transferring a block from Position A to Position B
Performer-MK2 and Controller-B
SCORBASE level 5 software
MSC.visualnastran and Matlab Simulink
MCH5003 Modeling and Simulation
The objectives of this experiment are :-
1)•to guide the students through the key steps involved in system identification and system simulation
2) to provide a hands-on experience in extracting mathematical models from raw input-output data, with
emphasis from a user viewpoint
3) to familiarize the students with some common and important functions collected within the System
Identification ToolBox of MATLAB.
4) to expose the student to acquisition of real data from a real physical system of their choice, and to
go through the entire modeling and simulation process.
PC with MATLAB
single axis accelerometer
MCH5002 Modeling and Simulation
Experiment 1: MODELLING
AND CONTROL OF A DC SERVO MOTOR
At the end of the experiment,
student should have some experience in:
1)•Simple static and dynamic modelling of the DC motor system.
2) Manual and feedback control of the system for velocity tracking
Experiment 2: INDUSTRIAL SENSORS
This is a hands-on session to explore the operational principles and characteristics ofcommon
EE4306 Distributed Autonomous Robotic System
Experiment: Distributed Autonomous Robotic System
To familiarize with the mobile robot navigation (straight-line and turning
motion) in accordance with the
associated control parameters.
2) To study and tune the parameters associated with the velocity controllers of the left and right robot wheels.
3) To design (obstacle free) paths with polynomial (second order) functions